Archive for the ‘wordpress political blogs’ Category
Well, another year is passed, and another just begun. Here’s hoping the next two years will be better than the previous two. But then, how could they be worse?
Oh, that’s right. THIS half-wit will be Speaker of the House:
And for further fun reading, here’s a record of Agent Orange’s voting record.
Gee, with “leadership” like that, how can we lose? Forecasts call for increased deficit spending, blame-throwing, and slavish pandering to plutocrats!
For the middle class, more of the crap we’ve been through since Bush crashed the economy in 2007.
It’s been a while. Looking back, I see my last post was about this time in 2009. I know I have a few readers, and some of you have stuck with me in that time, so I apologize for not maintaining the appearance of keeping up with current events. The truth is, I was so swept up in those events that I had no time to comment on them.
I’ve been busy. Took my tax return from 2008 and used the money to pack up and move across country to go back to college. Because, you know, in America, 21 years of active duty military experience counts for shit these days. “Support the Troops” is nothing more than a bumper sticker.
Thank God for the new G.I. Bill. It’s what’s keeping me in school, and what’s keeping food on the table.
But enough about me, what about the country? President Obama has had two years to clean up the mess the Republicans spent eight years creating, and so far he hasn’t done much. Why aren’t things better?
Of course, I’m being sarcastic. The Republicans didn’t spend just eight years creating this mess, they spent the better part of the past 30. This disaster has its roots in the Reagan administration, when that half-wit went on his union-busting crime spree and began to dismantle the fabric of the American middle class. The collapse of the housing market in 2007 was just the final stroke. This mess has been thirty years in the making. It’s gonna take a lot longer than that to clean it up.
Elephants leave huge piles of shit everywhere they go.
With the new year approaching, and a new crop of Republican country-wreckers about to take over Congress, I thought it was time to start blogging again. Call it my late Christmas gift. And to celebrate the momentous occasion, I’d like to give them another one.
That’s what they deserve most. If conditions don’t improve right away, hammer the bastards. Question their motives. Question their abilities. Question their right to lead. And never, ever let up. They got us into this mess, they’re in charge now, so give ’em both barrels.
And when they fail, don’t hesitate to pull the trigger.
Happy Fucking New Year, Republicans. Good luck.
Tags: wordpress political blogs
Dear Mr. President,
Congratulations on your historic victory and presidency. We can say that before it even begins because everything you do will be historic. Expectations will be high, and you will undoubtedly be judged harshly by many, but don’t let that stop you from doing what needs to be done and making the tough choices.
Speaking of which, I have a few early decisions that I feel need to be highlighted. Consider them recommendations, if you prefer. I’m sure I’m not the only one making lists like this, but I’d just like to put in my two cents.
So, without further ado, here’s a short list of things I’d like to see you take care of in your first 100 days (some sooner than others):
- Open an investigation into the activities of the Bush administration. We have, for the past eight years, lived under the virtual tyranny of this corrupt, incompetent and degenerate crowd. They have lied to us, started two unnecessary wars, tortured under the guise of “protecting freedom”, violated the public trust, and generally wiped their ass with the Constitution while blowing their noses on the Flag. High crimes and misdemeanors doesn’t even begin to cover what they’ve done. It’s a miracle they weren’t impeached and removed from office before now, but Bush and Cheney must be held to account for their war crimes. For the sake of American credibility and honor abroad, this must be done. Because if we let them go, if we let them get away with it, all our talk of freedom and equality and upholding the rule of law is nothing more than empty rhetoric.
- Repeal the so-called “USA Patriot Act”. Desperate times often produce bad laws, and few are worse than this one. What possible justification could there have been to write a law allowing the nation’s intelligence services to snoop the library records of American citizens? What possible justification could there be to allow the FBI to conduct “roving wiretaps” on our nation’s telephone networks? What possible justification is there to allow such self-destructive, unconstitutional, paranoid, reactionary legislation to pass? This odious piece of legislative toxic waste should be removed as quickly as possible and consigned to the dustbin of history.
- Disband Blackwater and other Mercenary armies. A sure sign of an empire in decline is the use of mercenary armies to fight wars and perform other functions traditionally reserved for legitimate military forces. Blackwater is a national embarrassment. It has deliberately exploited our nation during a time of crisis, all for love of money. On Bush’s watch they have literally gotten away with murder. They should be held accountable for their crimes, the company dissolved, its assets siezed and sold, and the proceeds distributed among the families of the 4100+ victims of Bush’s Blunder.
- Close Guantanamo Bay. I see you’ve already begun. Good job, mate.
- Stop the Bailouts. We’ve already thrown billions of dollars of taxpayer money down the bailout toilet, with nothing to show for it. Worse, none of the companies that asked for and got bailout money seem to have shown any sign of changing their ways. You have a terrible choice to make, sir – keep throwing money at them, and watch them die out anyway, or let them die quickly and see what replaces them. Either way it will hurt, and it will hurt bad. But maybe if we stop mollycoddling these bloated dinosaurs, the ones that come after them will be stronger, smarter and better.
- Stop talking about “clean coal”. Everyone who isn’t an industry propagandist knows it’s bullshit. There’s no such thing as clean coal – never has been, never will be. The recent disasters in the Tennessee Valley proved that. Even if we can manage to clean it up at the power production stage, mining the stuff is still almost as destructive and polluting as uranium extraction, and that, sir, is saying something. So stop pushing the notion of so-called “clean coal” and use the bully pulpit to push truly green energy such as wind, solar and tides. If we’re going to fix the environment and develop green energy we’ve got to stop chasing the clean coal dragon.
Anyway, sir, as I’ve said, that’s just a short list. I’m sure you’re busy, and so far you’re getting a good start cleaning the mess left behind by your misbegotten predecessor. Good luck, and God bless.
Tags: Bush, stupid, wordpress political blogs
For the next 43 days I’ll be presenting a daily Bushism – just to remind you all of what it was like to have a functional illiterate in charge of the country.
“But if you’ve been laid off work, you’re 100 percent unemployed, and I worry about it.” – George W. Bush, September 3, 2001
Isn’t it great to have a man in the White House who can speak in complete sentences?